This topic contains 27 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Administrator 1 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Mrgun Mrgun 
    Participant

Hello All,

I too was a long time member of TS.com….I really miss the old site and I really want to thank Whiz for starting up this new one.

I can’t begin to tell you how many times I was banned on Ts.com…..

I really enjoy posting threads about my personal collection and other interesting stories that I run across on the internet.

Thanks again Whiz for making this site available!

Regards,

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

Rem870Trap 
    Participant

Just found this site. Thanks to whoever got it going. Looks great.

Alan

vphipps 
    Participant

Hello everyone, looks like a great site. And thanks to Mr. White as I “fixed” my trigger on my tm and shot it last night , worked great.

Oldskt94 
    Participant

Just found this site.  Looks great   hopefully I won’t get banned after every post

Jim White Jim White 
    Keymaster

Because this was setup to be the “friendly” site, I seriously doubt anyone will ever be banned.  Al long as we respect one another, no problems.  It is OK to disagree with a poster’s thread, if we respect one another, and not end up like American Trapshooters or Trapshooters.com, we’ll be fine.

And, this site will never become a pop-up haven for crap adds.  If we have to resort to that, then, I feel, we should all move on.

Trapshooters has recently seen much Chinese infiltration hacking, as it has been reported to me.  Also, recently one of the bottom links would take one into an off-site link that in one case I am aware of, attempted to trash one owner’s computer operating system.  I worked with him for several hours to rid his system of the hack.

As I told Tony, this site could care less if you sold your grandmother’s washing machine (well, that might be stretching things a bit).  As long as it is respectful, legal, and within reason, we don’t see any problems.  We just want it to be a place where us shotgun enthusiasts can go and joins friend; much like the of original trapshooters.com was when Toni Palmer of Barstow CA ran it.  If I had a way to keep the coffee brewing on this site, I sure would do that… maybe a Heineken or two too.

We have seen several thousand, yes, thousand, attempted hacking going on here as well.  One individual ended up emailing me some shi# emails, because he refused to register his full and true name.  I ended up learning that he was from Shotgun World’s inner sanctum.  We kept his IPA on file, as we do for all attempted hackers.

Whiz

Steve W Steve W 
    Keymaster

I’m glad Tony told me about this site. Thank you Tony.

Tony Tony 
    Participant

Hi Steve, It’s a good place to be!!! And……..It’s operated by great people…..

Steve W Steve W 
    Keymaster

Yes, I know Jim for many years. Thank you again. 🙂

sd trap family 
    Participant

Hello all.  Great to be here.    Looking forward to some positive discussion on a variety of shooting sports.

Bud

Literalist 
    Participant

I very respectfully request that “sd trap family” be banned.

Thank you.

Joe Kuhn 
    Participant

I see that bbpress is the forum software used here.

SanRemo SanRemo 
    Participant

Thank you for putting  together a site that is more about user communication than policing the posts. I wish you much success.

San Remo

Administrator 1 
    Keymaster

Thanks right back at you.

We wanted something that was for shooters, by shooters. The other two sites are just too full of bitching, advertisements, etc.

We could care less if you sold your grandmother’s old washing machine here and you don’t need to ge a 50-member poster. Those of course who abuse that will have the threads deleted. I don’t believe in banning unless the “member” is a hacker… and believe me we have had to sort through several hundred of them.

Our pleasure and we are always open to suggestions.

Whiz

Viewing 13 posts - 16 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

© Shotgun-Sports.com, LLC. 2019

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account