This topic contains 27 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  Administrator 1 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Himark Himark 
    Participant

Greetings everyone.   I just wanted to say thanks to the new forum admins for putting a forum together that IMO will be one of much more quality information and not as confrontational as others admins.    THANKS!    And I hope to see some of the old gang making their way over.

-Himark

Trapper 
    Participant

Himark, I agree.  I think this site will be professional, informative and will be an asset to Shotgun Sports.

Tony Tony 
    Participant

Evening Gentlemen, what a pleasure to have such a broad spectrum of the shooting sports at our fingertips! I have been waiting for this since Whiz talked about this sometime ago. It has been brought to life! Looking forward to using and enjoying the forms……………Tony

MX Dan 
    Participant

Looking forward to it for awhile now.

Good shooting to everyone!

CanyonLakeArcher CanyonLakeArcher 
    Participant

I for one am elated, I am so happy that I can talk about Sporting Clays and not get banned for dribbling lol

jslytlemn jslytlemn 
    Participant

Good morning Everyone.  Very happy to be here and looking forward to all of the discussions.  – Jeff

backfencer 
    Participant

Howdy all, hopefully I won’t get banned for “quoting”…WOW is all I could say!

Tony Tony 
    Participant

Backfencer…You are certainly not the Lone Ranger on the Ban situation! I was banned for a month for selling a shooting jacket that I had bought on the same site over a year ago. I hope we get this site going and do what shooters do…….Have fun and enjoy each other as well as learn a few things. I have been in this game for a log time and will be until I get to old to play. The folks that put this site together had to spend lots of time and money to get this up and running and I truly hope the word gets out that it is here to use and enjoy. LOL……..Had my rant for the day. Shoot well and stay warm………..Tony

Himark Himark 
    Participant

Tony,

I didnt realize how rampid the bannings were until recently.   I was on FB Friday and joined a new group of “gun for sale” stuff and several were commenting on how happy  they were that a new group was started because they were also banned.    I dont know much on FB but it would be good to share this site address if that is not a rule breaker.

Tony Tony 
    Participant

Himark, I would love to put up this site on the Site we are discussing but I would bet you or any one else you would be banned for a long while if not permanent. I don’t think any one would have a problem with this site being mentioned on Facebook. Maybe one of the Mods can weigh in and let us know if that would be kosher. I truly hope this becomes the go to site for all shooting venues. It is well done and fairly easy to use even for an old guy like me. I now have had my second rant for the day………..I’m out!!!……Tony

Administrator 1 
    Keymaster

Welcome all of you, and I mean WELCOME!!!  We would never ban anyone for linking to this site.  All we ask is that everyone treats everyone else with respect.

If you insert a link, just be careful it is a wholesome-linked site, and not in competition with us.  That makes sense, doesn’t it?  If unsure, email us first.  In our case it is easier to ask for permission than foregiveness.

I can remeber not long ago a brand new member on one of the other sites asked a gunsmithing question.  It was a valid question, and he also asked if there was an actual gunsmithing section that he could/should post in.  The moderator told the guy he acted like a little kid whinning to his mother about where his cerial was.  I thought what a terrible thing to say to ANYONE, let alone a brand new poster.  I sent a very strong objection to the mod, and was shortly thereafter banned… USER1, I believe was his handle.  I will remember him.

Shortly before that, I was asked to join Shotgun World, or some similar site, so I did.  My first post explained why I was banned from ts.com and that a couple of guys told me to go over there and join, so I did.  I received a reply from one of their moderators telling me to quit with the “drama bullshit”.  I told him thank for the kind words to a brand new user, and to please delete my account immediately.

I retired from a profession that you could have been terminated for talking like that to a colleague.  It was then that we decided to put together a website for everyone to share ideas, compare notes, disagree without being disagreeable.  THIS IS THAT SITE.  And, we are never expecting to recoop our investment.  The only income here will be derrived from advertising banner ads… and we certainly do not expect to see that as a profit, considering what we’ve put into this thing.

All I can say is have fun, as we have, putting this together.  AND, if you have an idea get it to us… we’re just learning.

TONY:  Were you able to do the bio thing?

WW

Tony Tony 
    Participant

Yes, just a short one and that’s all that is needed for me. I’m learning a little something every day about this new territory and hope everyone else is as well. Thank you again for putting all this together……….Tony

willimon1 
    Participant

Thanks for this site. I miss the old ts.com and the posters who used to provide helpful information. I hope this site has the same success.

Administrator 1 
    Keymaster

We made this site a bit too fancy.  I wanted something more plain like the old, original ts.com.

In fact, I was the first mod on the ts.com site when Don and Toni Palmer got it going out of Barstow, CA.  Don later had a stroke and Toni needed some help. I think that was even before 1998.  David got involved then as well, and, honestly, I can’t remember who did what first.

As far as linking to this site from FaceBook or anywhere else, I just can’t see why that would ever be a problem, so don’t be afraid to do anything that supports shotgun shooting.   If there is ever a problem like this, I’d first email you to talk about it.  We promise to be easy to deal with.  We need each other because there are those out there who’d like to take away every single one of our guns.

My partner and I have training next Monday It keeps getting put off due to some issues not site related), and following that I want to get rid of some of the lengthy narrative text on the main page.  The developer does not want to do anything until my partner and I get “trained”.  Maybe after that I can get this site looking a bit simpler.

I did want to thank my longtime friend Britt Robinson for letting us use his photo for the Trapshooting icon.  Britt is very reluctant to let the ATA publish any photos of him, so I want to say “Thanks, Britt!”.  I was struggling looking for appropriate avatar/icons.  I’ve been doing computers years before the PC ever came onto the scene (IBM Main-frames), but the word “avatar” is a new one for me in this field.  My best friend here (our dads were partners in a wholesale business) founded CompuServe out of Columbus, OH.  That should tell you how ancient I am…

You guys should never feel afraid to get us your suggestions.  They only guys I’d  ever ban would be User1 and OSOKILL, and maybe a couple other jerks from the other sites… but they’d never be on anyway.

Honestly, I could care less if you even wanted to sell your bicycle, golf cart, clubs, etc.  We all have different things we do aside from shotgun shooting, so have at it.  Heck, I’m still trying to find my original 67 Black ‘Vette Coupe 435HP Tri-Power that belonged to a guy in Moline IL.

AD1

Trapper1100 
    Participant

Hi , y’all! Glad to be aboard.

Ken Rucker…Speedbump Stockworks

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

© Shotgun-Sports.com, LLC. 2019

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account