This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by Tony Tony 1 year, 2 months ago.

• Author
    Tony Tony 
    Participant

Well, the weather here in North Texas is just about right to get our season started. I know we are lightweights compared to you folks up North but we have had our share of single digits this winter. The club that I belong to started our monthly trap shoots this past Saturday and we had a really nice day. We had a few of the regulars, some new shooters, and some that haven’t shot in years show up to play. It was a fun day and everyone had a nice time. Our Trap Chair did a wonderful job keeping things moving and not to mention his expertise with the “Pulled Pork” with all the fixins’ he prepared to go with it. How about you guys? Anyone care to share what is going on where you folks shoot. Leagues, club shoots, games………It’s still winter and I’m still bored so fire up and get some reading material on this wonderful new site that we have at our fingertips………If this is not acceptable……….Sorry………….Tony

jslytlemn jslytlemn 
    Participant

Nice to see your report Tony.  I’m enviable.  Here in NW Minnesota winter still has a steady grip on us and will for quite some time yet.  I have not shot at a clay pigeon since the first week in October and won’t again until at least the first part of April if I’m fortunate.

The good news is though that our local high school trap team is gearing up for the coming season.  (I’m an assistant coach) We have a nice crowd of students signed up again this year and they all look forward to when they can begin practicing.  Last year we were able to start practice rounds the first week of April.

I hope others will post how their shooting is going if they are able to at this time of year.  That way those of us reading from the Northern tier can live vicariously through them!  Good shooting to you, Jeff

CanyonLakeArcher CanyonLakeArcher 
    Participant

Fortunately for us in CA we can shoot year round, with the exception of all of the new laws preventing us from buying Ammo…. that is why I reload, Shot the 100 bird Main at Raahauges Sporting Clays Sunday, shot horrible, but the food was awesome! I will be shooting the same at Redlands this Sunday, might even shoot the sub gauge event as well.

Tony Tony 
    Participant

We had our second club shoot yesterday at North Texas Shooters Association in Denton Texas. The weather was not to bad. Had a little Norther blow in just about the time we got started and had to stop and reset targets due to the North wind. Had 25 shooters and 5 youngun’s that showed up to shoot. It was a fun time and the Brisket,Beans and cornbread were outstanding!! I hope some of you folks had a good shooting day as we did at our little club yesterday. Registered ATA Shoots start the 24th and 25th of this month around here and I am looking forward to that. The South Western Grand is the first week of April In San Antonio and that is always a good shoot. I will be there. Have fun and shoot well………………Tony…………….

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

© Shotgun-Sports.com, LLC. 2019

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account