Tagged: PW 800+, Reloading

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by CanyonLakeArcher CanyonLakeArcher 1 year, 1 month ago.

• Author
    CanyonLakeArcher CanyonLakeArcher 
    Participant

Guys,

I am supposed to receive the 800+ that Himark hooked me up with next week, coming from Hawaii. I was wondering if there are a short list of things that any new PW 800 + owner should know. Also aftermarket parts that function not fad?

Thanks guys!!

Tony Tony 
    Participant

When I got mine mounted and set up on the bench I had to tinker with it for a while. It was pretty nasty and needed a good cleaning and lubing or at least it got that before I used it. I have had several PW’S and still have an old 900 size-a-matic that I absolutely love. I kinda know what to look for as far as problems go and you get a feel for how the machine should feel……..The new to me 800 plus didn’t feel right! I knew what I wanted the machine to do as far as loading goes and it took a while to get mine where I wanted it. If the thing would have been to difficult I would have called Whiz and found out what was wrong. You have the option of changing some things on the Plus but There isn’t to much that I wanted to change other than adding a shovel handle on my addition. I mentioned tinkering with mine and by that I adjusted crimp depth and that’s about it. You should not have much to mess with. If it gives you any grief just post on the board or for exactly what needs to be done……….Call Whiz………Good luck with your new toy………..Load safe and have fun…………Tony

Participant

Thanks Tony, I will be selling off all of my M EC’s when I get comfortable with the new machine, so I am not in a rush to make it perfect right away.

Participant

Still tweeting small things, but for the really happy with the end product. I start really slow, but the the machine is really nice and smooth!

Himark Himark 
    Participant

Glad you ended up with that guys setup…was a good deal.    It looks like you are onto  it already but one thing I do with mine since always in a humid garage is spray it down with a oil and blow it off after each use.    These things will start to rust fairly quickly.

Participant

Thank you for the suggestion, I will do that. I am running about 3 times as many shells in the same time I did with my MEC 9000 H. love the auto drive!!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

© Shotgun-Sports.com, LLC. 2019

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account