Tagged: 800 Plus

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by tenbore tenbore 3 months, 4 weeks ago.

• Author
    CanyonLakeArcher CanyonLakeArcher 
    Participant

Just got my 800 plus put together, looks great after a trip from Hawaii, but I have a small issue. If I tighten up the thumb screws on the powder and shit plate the handle will not pull, if I loosen them up a turn it moves freely?

Participant

Shot, my auto correct must know me well, I guess I type one way more than the other lol

Jim White Jim White 
    Keymaster

First off, if you are using the Jim Skeel CNC S/P base plate, get rid of that.

Hard handle operation is attributed to a couple of causes.

1. There is probably shot and/or powder UNDER the shut-off plate and this puts undue pressure on he gears, which then rub on he underside of the reservoir  plate.
    2. The o-ring on the underside of the reservoir is hard, worn, or broken.
    3. If the reservoir base is black plastic, it could be warped.  P/W now only sell the machines with the cast aluminum base.
    4. The Skeel base plate is nice looking, but way, way too rigid.
    5. Continual operation of a hard-to-move operating handle will very quickly break either the upper actuating arm, or the two lower arms.
    6. Whiz
    • This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Jim White Jim White.
    Participant

Whiz,

it is the PW aluminum top plate, after reading the manual it says pull towards you and to the left when tightening…. have no clue why, but that did the trick. Thanks

Jim White Jim White 
    Keymaster

You’re talking about the Rack Gear.

I have to admit that I see absolutely no reason to twist or pull the Rack Gear for what you’re doing…unless it is sitting a bit cockeyed in its slot.

About the only thing on pulling the Rack Gear towards you is to assist in removing the shot or powder bushings.  Pulling the gear out towards you advances the gears just a small amount to permit easier access to the bushing to remove them.

WW

tenbore tenbore 
    Participant

I inherited a 900 a few years ago that exhibited the same issue as your 800+ and I eventually found that the two nylon pressure screws in the top plate over the rack where turned down too tight. An 1/8 of a turn freed them up and removed the resistance. Moving the top plate around before tightening it may move the tight screw(s) to a palce where they pick up enough clearance to free up by themselves, but they would still be too tight.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

© Shotgun-Sports.com, LLC. 2019

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account