This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by SanRemo SanRemo 4 months, 1 week ago.

• Author
    Mrgun Mrgun 
    Participant

Browning Model BT99 Exhibition Grade Single Barrel Trap “One of A Kind”

This is the Premier Shotgun in my Collection. My research showed that this shotgun was manufactured in 1970 as a Standard Grade BT99, 12 Gauge with 34”, Full Fixed Choke, Vent Rib Barrel. It was shipped to a hardware store in South Carolina in 1970. The gentleman in South Carolina, who I purchased this gun from, told me this shotgun was then sent out to be engraved and restocked to be presented to the State Senator from South Carolina. He told me that he purchased this gun from the senator’s family. The only thing that I can verify is the information that I received direct from Browning. The engraving is deep chisel engraving with gold inlays and gold wire border. The shotgun is not signed, so there is really no way of knowing who the engraver might be. The stocks are an unbelievable Exhibition Star Burst Wood Pattern with original Browning Recoil Pad. For those of you who may not be aware, Browning Changed the Stock Style of the BT99 for one year only, 1970. Than in 1971 they went back to the original pattern. No other BT99 Stock will fit on the 1970 model. To this day, I still do not know why Browning made the change to the stocks, for that one year. The gun is Unfired and is one of those special shotguns that you really need to see it in person, to really appreciate the true beauty of it. I do wish I would have been able to find out more information about the gun after it was delivered to the hardware store, but the store has been long gone. I think the pictures speak for themselves on this one….. 

You can view my entire collection on my website:    https://www.mrgunsplace.com/

Thanks for looking,

Stu Gabriel (MrGun)

• This topic was modified 1 year, 2 months ago by Mrgun Mrgun.
    SanRemo SanRemo 
    Participant

Very nice indeed.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

© Shotgun-Sports.com, LLC. 2019

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account